Tuesday, June 23, 2009

About Rodents

About Rodents
Written by Cathryn Sill
Illustrated by John Sill

There is much to love in this book, and much to learn. Each page contains simple sentences with simple facts. The facing page has amazingly realistic and beautiful illustrations. I have never seen a cuter, fatter hibernating Hazel Dormouse! (Okay, I haven't before seen Hazel Dormouse). At the end of this simple but hugely informative book of many many different rodents are miniature numbered plates, matching the pages, containing more detailed information about each rodent. So much to learn, during so many readings! Such BEAUTIFUL illustrations! This is a book which causes me to immediately search for more from the same author-illustrator team. About Rodents is a book in the"...About"series, which includes About Birds, and About Fish. I am sorry that my library contains no others. This is one of those books you want to own, along with every other in the series and by the same creators. So perfect!

1 comment:

thecapedhappyender said...

I accidently stumbled across this book not too long ago and I agree with everything you said about it. It is all that! Good review.