Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ella Sarah Gets Dressed by Margaret Chavos-Irvine

Have you noticed how girls clothes can be a little tricky to put together? Unlike boys clothes, which all seem to match each other, girls clothes all seem to need to be kept with their matching pieces. Pants can be pink and polka-dotted, socks can be blue and purple striped, and dresses can have orange and green flowers. Should you really put those together?

My daughter has a strong will, and also a strong opinion about what she wears. She also believes if mom picks it out, it is not a good choice. To my dismay, other little girls walk around wearing matching clothes, and I wonder how their mothers talked them into it.

Ella Sarah is a girl after my own daughter's heart. She knows just what she wants to wear, no matter who else has an opinion. Margaret Chodos-Irvine illustrates her own story, and perfectly captures the true look of a determined toddler in tantrum mode! This book is a must-read for any opinionated daughter, and her mother.

5 comments:

DadGuy said...

Two of our 3 girls have been the same way. It went away some over time, but it's still there, especially with our middle child. Can't be reasoned with. It's not... well, reasonable for her. =)

Mr. Dad said...

Even worse is that I don't know what matches either so I tell her she looks great!

bon said...

Heh!...

We LOVE this book! esp the prints and the fact that all of the "suggestions" for what to wear from her family, was all just basically "here, dress like ME!"

Naw, some kids just gotta do it their way!

bon said...

"was all?"

erm, I think I meant "were all"

thecapedhappyender said...

This book is great to bring out child originality. For that reason, my children find it amusing. My boys wear capes everywhere they go and they know Ella would think that was a great idea. What a cute book. Thanks again for your insightful recommendations!